COVID-19 JUNE UPDATED PROTOCOL
During this unknown time, we are still limiting most appointments to our curbside only protocol. However, if you would rather be present with your pet during their exam, we will be allowing a maximum of ONE person to enter the exam room at this time. You will still need to call us from the parking area to be checked in via telephone by a staff member, as our doors will remain locked. Once your pet is checked in, you will be escorted into an exam room and must remain in the exam room until escorted out by a staff member.
Please be aware that technician appointments; (vaccine boosters, nail trims, anal gland expressions etc.) will still be curbside only and individuals will NOT be permitted to enter the building for these types of appointments.
If you are calling in/picking up medication refills; we still recommend calling ahead and paying over the phone, so we may bring the medications out to your vehicle when you are in the parking area.
For the health and safety of our staff and other clients we ask that if you must enter the building, then to please wear a mask, our staff members will do the same. We will also be asking clients screening questions before allowing them to enter our facility, again this is for the health and safety purposes for all.
If you or any members of your household are displaying symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, then we ask that you please do not come to our facility, and see if someone else can bring in your pet.
We will be increasing our cleaning and disinfecting efforts after each patient that enters our building.
Our hours will continue to be subject to change, so please call if you are planning to pick up medications to avoid any inconvenience.
Please call us on 352-588-2132 if you have any questions or concerns about these updated measures, and a San Antonio Animal Hospital staff member will be happy to discuss these with you.
San Antonio Animal Hospital
To Our Clients (New and Familiar!)
Due to the outbreak of the COVID- 19 pandemic, we have implemented some new health and safety measures to try our best to keep our staff and clients safe.
Veterinarians are considered an essential business, and your pet’s health continues to be the utmost importance to us, and so in order for us to effectively treat your pet and keep everyone healthy, we are now offering ‘Curbside” only services.
What does this mean?
- Please call us when you are in our parking area to let us know you are here (giving the staff member your name, your pet’s name and reason for your visit)
- A staff member will check you in and get a brief history of your pet over the phone. Please be sure to provide us with the best contact number to reach you on during your pet’s visit with us and which vehicle you are in.
- A technician will come out to your vehicle and bring your pet inside for their appointment, we will contact you during the time that your pet is with us to go over any concerns and exam findings. We do ask that you please be available via your phone, so we can efficiently discuss exam findings with you.
- We will take payment over the phone, so credit card payments are preferred.
- After your invoice is finalized, your pet will be brought out to you, along with your invoice and any medications.
- If you are picking up medications: We strongly urge you to call ahead so we can try and fill the prescription as quickly as possible. We do recommend paying over the phone for these also, so we can bring them out to your vehicle when you arrive. Please call us before you plan to come pick up medications as our clinic hours are also subject to change during this pandemic.
- We are still offering “drop off services” throughout this time also, so your pet can stay with us and then we can call you when your pet is ready for pick up.
- We want to be primarily available for our sick patients, so if your pet is not due for any essential vaccines or treatments, we will be limiting these kinds of appointments. Please call us if you have questions regarding this measure.
We are frequently keeping up to date with the CDC and WHO guidelines, as well as the State updates in order to continue to operate to our best ability. Cleanliness at our facility has always been a paramount of importance to us, and we have increased our sanitizing and disinfecting between each patient.
We encourage our clients to also visit the CDC and WHO websites for information on the COVID 19 virus and information regarding the virus and pets.
We know that this is a strange and worrying time, but we will all try and get through this together. We understand that some of these measures will be inconvenient and a little more time consuming, so we ask for your patience, as we try and navigate through these new and essential measures.
Thank You for your understanding,